FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates New Routes and Changes 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:00 am
anFelipe

Programs: Skywards/Skymiles/SAA Voyager
After faithfully reading the Emirates Skywards forum daily for over a year I finally found something worth posting. I recently joined in order to post this. Whether it fits better here or in the 2017 Routes thread I don't know, either way, since I live in Mozambique I found this bit of local news very hopeful. The local site entitled "Club of Mozambique" ran an article last week entitled "Emirates eyes Mozambique route" saying that Emirates is considering flights to Mozambique in conjunction with LAM, the national airline. (I would post the link here but it is my first post so I am not allowed to post links until I have 5 posts.) The article doesn’t state directly which city but I assume Maputo (MPM) is the only location they would consider. I live in the northern part of the country far away from MPM so I normally fly out of JNB (exclusively in Y). However, with this development (and now that FastJet has started domestic flights that will hopefully create competition with LAM) I might just switch to Emirates out of MPM.

To those of you who post regularly on this site. Thank you. I have learned a lot from you over the last year. Keep up the good work.