FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:01 pm
schnapperin

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by seks
There was a brief discussion about land transfer: [FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

My itinerary

Outbound
NRT 1540 - HND 2200

Inbound
HND 0505 - NRT 1700

Think gonna take the limo bus for the outbound since I only have 6h20m.

But for inbound, since I have time, someone suggested I take the train and stop at Shimbashi and roam around. Not sure what's there to do that early in the morning lol. I looked at this:

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetud...r/us/index.php

So seems like I can hop off and hop on the ACCESS EXPRESS train?

Has anyone stop somewhere during your land transfer?

And also, can I be in TYO without any JPY on hand and just use CC? Or should I have at least some JPY just in case?
Just did it today (or better on the way to NRT). There are a few options - thats what I did:
1. Landed at 4.45 am, got some cash at the ATM at the baggage claim, Monorail to Hamamatsucho, a day pass for the JR Yamonte Line (750 Yen)
2. JR Line to Tokyo station, scored a large locker at the south entrance (600 yen), took the JR line to sugamo. The first michelin star restaurant hands out tickets from 7 am - was there at 6.30 and got some coffee & breakfast at Family Matter (since nothing was served on ANA & I woke up 50 minutes before landing, not even a chance for tea). Back to tokyo station for some starbucks coffee, a walk through ningyocho (missed it before)
3: JR lone to Shibuya for some shopping - they open at 10 am...quick stop at the 100 yen store next to harajuku station
4. Arrived at 11,30 for my noon time slot and there was a bit of a queue already. The ramen is 1705 yen and has to be paid in cash.
5. Walk to Rikugien gardens (300 yen or 240 yen with the free tokyo guide) and back to tokyo station. Quick stop at kitte and on the acess bus to narita for 1,000 yen

But one could visit Mei ju jingu shrine in combination with coffee at the famous Starbucks at Shubuya crossing or heading to Asakusa shrine.