FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What does Delta do with empty business class seats on NYC > LAX and SFO flights?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:08 pm
KDCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
Well, damn. This was one of my favorite technicalities when SDCing on a connecting transcon flight. I'm not at all surprised they changed the policy though.

Was there any announcement about this, and/or does anyone know when this took effect? DL usually sends emails about policy changes, but I don't recall seeing anything about this in my inbox.

I also wonder how they will treat DMs here. There are several reports of unpublished/secret benefits here on FT of DMs being upgraded to D1 on the East/West transcons when seats are available.

Also, the new SDC terms still say "Origin, destination or co-terminal (LGA to JFK) changes are not same-day confirmed eligible" but in my experience (and, again, backed up by several reports here on FT), co-terminal changes are allowed as a DM so long as you reach a competent phone rep.
Well darn. I'm sure it was people like me who once used SDC to switch from BWI-DTW-LAX to BWI-JFK-LAX. $450 RT ticket in FC.