FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:27 pm
Tizzette

Letter came today announcing my Citi Hilton Reserve will convert to Amex Hilton Ascend in January. It makes clear that, on a one time basis, you will still receive your Reserve annual free night award if you meet the $10,000 spend on either Reserve or the new Ascend card by what would have been your Reserve card anniversary date. Spending on either card counts. The $15,000 spend for the Ascend's own annual free night is not nearly as good a deal, but if you still have spending to do to meet the Reserve $10,000, the same spending is going to double up and count toward the Ascend $15,000 after the conversion. That won't help me because I met my Reserve spend months ago. I recently took advantage of a 100,000 point bonus to switch my no fee Amex Hilton to Surpass so I'll keep either Surpass or Ascend but not both. I understand you have to keep Ascend open until what would have been your Reserve anniversary date to hold on to the Reserve annual free night you have earned.

Last edited by Tizzette; Nov 17, 2017 at 10:16 am