FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:01 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jeanie
Can I have 4 meetings in 4 days at the same hotel and have it count as 4 meetings? I am asking because if I was booking a regular room, even if it was 4 reservations, it would count as 1 stay.

I have meetings booked this weekend. The contract says they are 4 different meetings. Each meeting is on a different day. The salesperson said they would enter it as 4 different meetings. I just wanted to know if anyone here had experience with meetings at the same hotel over consecutive days. Thanks!
Technically you can have four separate meetings on the same day and have them earn you 40 nights. The trick is getting the property to book it right. There is no sweep by the system to merge meetings like there is for stays and no rules to the such. Again, it's the property that has to do it right. If you have confirmation they will book your events as four separate events, then you should be good to go. Always check the results and if it's not what you were told, insist that they fix it.