FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More seat swapping/poaching fun!
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:24 pm
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph

There was one odd thing on a recent flight, though. I was seated in domestic first class. My other half was beside me. Our carryon bags were actually in the bins above our head! And a gentleman gets on and says he has to put his bag right where mine is, directly over my head. He didn't board with priority type boarding or first class. Someone asks him where he's seated, and he doesn't respond. He asks who owns the bag above me. I say it's mine. (Boarding is seriously backed up now because the man is holding up everything.)

He wants me to get up and move my bag. I said no, I wasn't moving my bag. There was plenty of bin space on the other side of first class as well as what I could see of coach.
I've never seen a coach pax insist on having his bag in an F bin but I swear it is at least every other flight that I see coach pax putting their bags in the F bins while boarding. Sometimes an FA will direct them to when it's towards the end of boarding but I would say it happens most often at the volition of the coach pax.