FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two adults, two kids in European Marriott?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:57 pm
mwk190

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Dzigavertov
I'm a SPG gold, and we have been trying to put together a family trip to Europe in May. Two adults, two kids (6 and 4). All the SPG hotels won't allow four persons to a room, does Marriott have the same rules? I have 250k+ spg points that I can transfer to Marriott.
All good advice above, other than the idea to just wing it and show up with the kids. I get that thought process in the US where rooms are (often much) larger and there aren't the same fire codes (and relative attention to the rules by the hotel staff).

There are some reasonable points and cash rates (e.g. standard award plus 60 EUR/night) in some cities around Europe for rooms that will fit four, although in most cases hotels only have suites that can fit four so the cash portion is very high.

Given that European locations are more likely to provide status upgrades than the US, the advice to email management for what they can arrange is good. Might be tough at peak times, but May is shoulder season in some areas so it is more likely.