FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting way to get an Award seat for HKG-SFO Polaris Business...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:10 pm
kaskade916

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm glad this worked out for the OP but stories like this make me mad sometimes. There was absolutely no compelling reason to override availability for saver award in J HKG-SFO when the time change created a *longer* layover in TPE, not shorter. Oh well.

OP, the BR business seat is still far better than the new Polaris seat on United. The new Polaris seat on United is leaps & bounds better than the old J seats on United but that's about it. It still doesn't compete with many carriers in terms of business seat.

Enjoy the flight in Polaris. And I agree with others...get a copy of your itinerary and receipt showing you're in "I" or "IN" class for the HKG-SFO flight.

-RM
First thing I did was print out the receipt showing I for the class.

And I know the seats on BR are supposed to be better... but after a 18 day honeymoon we really prefer a direct flight. Also my fiancé and I will be right next to each other on the flight, unlike on BR herringbone seats where there is a good amount of distance between middle seats.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! We're so excited!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 13, 2017 at 10:41 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member