FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Denied mile credit from AA codeshare BA operated flight
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:44 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by knnryerye
My wife and I are both AS MVP.

I have read of many experiences here on FT where people purchased a ticket for BA operated flight that had a AA flight number and were able to credit that flight for to AS Mileage plan.

A couple weeks ago we did just that. We flew BA operated flights CDG-LHR-LAX and our tickets were from AA. The BA flight numbers were within qualifying range. We did not get the credit automatically which I knew would happen ahead of time. So I submitted copies of our BA boarding passes. A week ago we were asked for a receipt from our ticket purchase so i submitted that as well.

Today we received a response that our request for credit was denied due to the tickets being AA flight numbers.

Have the rules changed recently? Has anyone else had similar experiences recently? Is AS no longer basing mile credit on operating carrier?
The rules have never changed. What everyone reports on FT is that AS has ignored the rules when people submit boarding passes. The rules say this:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:BA

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways.
The rules have always said this about partners for years. What people have reported on FT is that despite the rules as written they've gotten credit anyways. As such this has always seemed like a YMMV trap door to me. If AS is now actually checking this and wasn't before you are SOL. Sorry about that.