FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Hilton have an official policy for walking a Diamond?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:41 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Needless to say, regardless of the Hilton side, if the hotel charged you for this stay and it didn't happen, you should report it to the CC company and open a case on that end.

My understanding is that a chargeback investigation isn't exactly enjoyable for the merchant in question. The financial services companies don't mess around.
Yes, in this case a chargeback is a good way to go. However, it is possible to get charged for a no-show, which is my guess how this happened. Given all the other mistakes made, I would not be surprised if someone went through the bookings for the night and saw this person did not check in and failed to look any further.

Do file a dispute with the CC and let them get socked with the associated fees imposed by their processing company. We only had one chargeback where I worked and it was simply a notification. Now if we challenged it, then there was all sorts of documentation we needed to provide.