FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More seat swapping/poaching fun!
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:34 am
dilbertsdaddy

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
More seat swapping/poaching fun!

I understand there are people who think those of us that are irritated by this nonsense are unreasonable. I also get that some people think it is infrequent. Here was my Saturday:

First flight, CRJ, I am in seat 8B, which as everyone knows is one of only two decent (I use that term loosely) seats on the airplane, the other being of course course 8C. A couple is in 8C/D. A gentleman the size of a large sumo wrestler is coming up the aisle and as it turns out he has 8C and the couple has poached; wife says "would you mind sitting in 8A?" He says nothing and points to his body as an indication that of course he cannot sit in 8A. She holds firm and says "a lot of people prefer the window." He says he needs the aisle. She does not budge and looks at me and before she can spit out the words I get up and motion her to 8A. She huffs and puffs and begins telling me how important she is, she is a surgeon, etc. I ignore her and unleash a snore fest on her for the next hour as punishment

Next flight, FC on a 737-900. I have 3B, I picked it when every seat was available on the seat chart, it is the seat I want. Two guys in back of me in 4A and 4B have no idea what seats they are supposed to be in (at least that is there story) and as people start to arrive it creates a bottleneck in boarding and mass confusion as every gets out their boarding passes. Turns out they have 3A and 3D. "Hey buddy, would you mind," Me.....no thanks I like the aisle. Looks at 3C, he says no way. Guys are upset they cannot sit together, Can't believe DL separated us, yadda yadda. FYI supposedly they were kettles who paid $100 FCM.

Third flight, FC (2B) on 717. Nice suit jacket in my seat. I ask 2A if it is his. Nope. I hold it up and ask if it belongs to anyone (I thought it was left on the previous leg). 3A sneers that it is his and he left it there for the F/A to pick up. I hand it to him, at which time he places it on 3B. When 3B shows up, rinse and repeat.

So 3 for 3 in one day. Yes, I know the last one is a personal item poaching, but whatever. Just sit in your seat and keep your personal items on your seat. How hard is this?

Rant over, have a good day everyone!

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Nov 13, 2017 at 8:40 am