FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:33 am
Loadmaster

Programs: A few
SMF-ATL, DL2923 12Nov

PDB - Yup

Hot towel - negative

Meal: Offered a cold Salmon salad or vegetarian lasagna, I opted for the vegetarian lasagna. I'm a meat eater, so I was kinda preparing myself for the worst, but it was pretty dang good (for a mass-prepared airline meal).

ETA: I can now post pics, so I came back to edit my post to add this.... hope it helps

The lasagna was approx 3"x4" square on its own plate accompanied by a small bowl of 'salad' to be topped with a mini-bottle of olive oil and vinaigrette.... as noted above, the lasagna was astonishingly good, the salad, however, was certainly a let-down (mostly due to the fact that the lettuce was minced to such a degree that it was nearly impossible to fork).

The desert was what I would call a torte, or maybe I should just say it was a cake base with a creamy topping ... Lord knows that I wouldn't want to use incorrect nomenclature on this forum! Nomenclature aside, whatever it was, it was darn tasty!

After the meal svc, the snack basket was brought through the cabin twice; selection was very minimal and I also couldnt help but notice that the snack basket for C+ had much more of an extensive selection.

Best regards,

Last edited by Loadmaster; Nov 30, 2017 at 1:51 am Reason: Adding a pic