FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues {Archive}
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:26 pm
albertopgc

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Did you contact 1K Customer Service (or baggage services)? If Baggage Service I would contact 1K Customer Service (they will route the query to the appropriate parties) Good luck and let us know how it turns out.. In the past they had a 1K Luggage desk that did wonders for me
Yes, I contacted again the baggage service in 1k. They said the process of claim takes 6-8 weeks. They suggested me to wait at least a month to get a reply. My claim appears as processing.

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Be aware that unfourtunately you're likely out of luck with the camera lens and if you have other insurance you may want to pursue a claim via that avenue... UA's contract of carriage (Rule 28(K)(3) to be specific) specifically disclaims liability:

(I've actually come close to an argument with UA re: not parting with my "excluded" items unless someone was willing to give me a waiver of that provision in writing... otherwise me and the item were going in the cabin or not going at all. -- one of the few times the CoC can be used against UA)

I didn't know that. I dont have an insurance for that lens. I have my carry-on full that was the reason why I putted it on my luggage. I always try to bring with me my camera equipment.

I just spoke with the baggage service, they said my claim was received and now is processing.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:02 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member