FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:25 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kklems
Anyone have issues with mobile checkin not counting you as checked in? Had a weird experience at a FFI in Iowa City last weekend. Staying on a Cat 5 megabonus cert. Did mobile check-in, stopped at front desk to get my keys. A week after checkout I still hadn't received an email with my bill or a night credit but noticed my CC on file had been hit with a $11.35 charge that went from pending to final. Called hotel and they said I hadn't marked by the person that checked me in as arriving and was a no show. The $11.35 was taxes for the room. The gentleman I talked to on the phone said there had been an issue with several stays that weekend. How can I be checked in but a no show? Does the hotel still have to mark something upon my arrival?
When you do mobile check-in, a message gets sent to the front desk. They look at any requests (high floor, etc) & often will assign a room based on parameters/requests. Once they make the key you get a notice that your room is ready. You're not actually checked in until you go to the front desk & get the keys. They have to pro-actively click on the check-in button. They normally ask if you want to use the credit card you have on file. Whether it's the card on file or you give them a new one, it authorizes the charge/does a 'hold' & a window pops up saying you're checked in if the hold was approved.

If there were several problems that weekend sounds like it was a property/FDC problem. If you were a no-show you wouldn't be charged $11, but would be charged for the entire stay. Just call MR cust service & they'll get it sorted.

Cheers.