FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:29 pm
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by SQ007
I'm sure you're already aware of this, but in case you don't, look into the Visa Infiniti Air discount you get with the card. I get tremendous value from this.
Totally agree. If you fly as a couple, this can be a tremendous savings, especially on low cost tickets.

Other good things about card:
  • Primary auto insurance
  • Good trip delay and trip cancellation coverage, which goes well with the $100 off 2nd ticket thingy... Thus for more expensive tickets, Amex Plat 5x is seductive relative to the $100 off on this card, but I also factor in whether something might come up to make the trip go south on us, in which case these benefits help. Amex Plat has its own selling points, but delay and cancellation insurance are not among them
  • We're not the Ritz-Carlton types (not for lack of trying, just for lack of dough), but if you look around every now and then you can find some cheap Ritz-Carlton nights. By cheap, I mean $250/night all in. But say you do two nights somewhere, for $500 total (Battery Park in NYC, or one of the Washington places). With this card you can get club/lounge access, where, even without being a total hog, you can do a lot of good eating and drinking; and a $100 credit toward food and drink elsewhere in the place. Which is to say, with this card, you can have a pretty well liquored up, elevator-back-to-your-room weekend at a not exorbitant price. We've used this benefit maybe 2x in 3 years, yet it is still something useful in the travel toolkit.