FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:18 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
No, you won't likely earn BBY pts with eGCs via cashstar.

the $25/$250 sync credit + BBY pts is absolutely the best combo especially if you've reached Elite Plus status since you get 1.25 pts for every $ spent. I buy only VGCs from BBY and earned a lot of pts that I bank (this is available only to Elite n Elite Plus status based on total spending per calendar year) till they're high enough to pay for an expensive item. Another plus when paying with BBY certificates is tax is computed after the certs so it is not unusual to end up with zero total if certs are enough to pay for the item.
I thought BBY did away the earning Elite status based on $ spent from buying VGC?

I missed the AMEX BBY offer this summer so I lost the elite status. However this go round I was able to gain enough points together with a laptop purchase made in April, for enough $ spent to earn the elite back. The points were still pending and the status had not been upgraded when I looked at it last week.
When would I see the status changed, if the VGC spend counts?

Agree on banking the reward points. I used $60 towards the laptop purchase in April and the $60 portion was not taxable (nor earned anything understandably).

You also get free shipping without threshold, plus extended period on the return.