FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip to hong kong to earn status; any customs issues with same day turn around?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:04 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Those of you doing these back-to-back TPAC trips like that... how do you pull it off? I'm on the east coast of the USA, by the time I get to Hong Kong (or any other Asian destination), the last thing I want to do is to spend another 20+ hours in planes, even in J.
Hong Kong is one of the easiest airports to transfer in. Even if one goes into the arrivals hall, it's a breeze, and one can do the circuit of in and out in an hour.

In answer to your inquiry, be grateful you are not in that world as it requires commitment and self sacrifice. They have spent years preparing for such journeys. It starts in high school where they immerse themselves in the online world of the internet, forgoing friendships and family. Then, through early adulthood, undertaking a lengthy and grueling training that requires them to stay up for days playing Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft etc. Those who have the strength to venture out of their parents' homes will pursue additional training in IT and follow a eating regime of chips, Jack in the Box, Waffle House etc. that prepares them for the sparse eating options onboard the airplane. It is a difficult quest, but they are the cheerful (sic) folks who staff the IT help desks and who code the programs that allow us to order stuff online.