FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:30 am
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by BigEyedFish
- which option will be the quickest?
the transfer bus
- which option holds the least 'risk' in terms of conformance if my incoming flight gets delayed?
since the transfer bus would be quicker I would say the transfer bus. I will take you a while to get to wherever your dad has parked, you then have to navigate your way around the central area of Heathrow to the tunnel under the north runway. just getting there will no doubt take as long as it would take to get to T5 transfer area and conformance on the transfer bus

- and lastly (although I know it's not a 'transfer' question specifically) what happens if my incoming flight is delayed a significant amount? As they're on separate PNRs with separate carriers, I understand I'll have no 'protection' - will I have to buy a new ticket for the next flight at whatever the walk up fare is? Should I instruct my Mum to go on ahead and I'll meet her in ARN on the next flight? Will it affect her ticket on the same PNR? (It's a one way ticket because I'm starting a MR in ARN, so she has a one way back later)?
Possibly depends on how flexible your ticket to ARN is. Potentially yes you could have to pay a walk up fare on the day.