FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:43 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
YQ from Tokyo is capped, and intra Asia is low / zero even on TG. So this is actually about the right amount. Departing Japan is very cost effective in YQ these days!
Except, I was quoted in the past that YQ is charged on the whole itinerary. So when I had all my flights as no YQ, I still got dinged for old TG YQ or something. Also I had YVR-PDX-EWR-LHR-BKK and they wanted like $250 (of YQ alone), I turned this one down cuz it was simply ridiculous, I could've had the YVR-PDX flight in cash <$250 but starting in PDX would've ruined my MPM. I read the blogs, read the rules, hell I knew about the TG change and the new stipulation for OZ, which the agent kept asking "where did you hear about that huh?" I give up, I was pretty satisfied with my booking today and knowing that most of it was just cuz of how many airport taxes I'm paying, I'm ok with the price, I'll never understand.

Also, you mentioned YQ from Tokyo is capped. But this person isn't flying FROM Tokyo, they're flying to a bunch of place and Tokyo. If you check YYZ-GRU-YYZ you'll get $260 YQ. But if you try GRU-YYZ-GRU it's only $30 (though Brazil has no YQ, so I'm not sure how they even charge $15 each way) so I don't see how going to Tokyo affects it if you're not originating from there.