FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:57 pm
BigEyedFish

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Hello - I would appreciate some input on some logistics on an upcoming trip from some T3-T5 transfer experts:

Arriving into T3 on AA on one PNR, flying out of T5 on BA on another PNR 2.5 hours later (hopefully more than enough time unless IRROPS). Usually I would stay airside, get the transfer bus and reclear security etc in T5. However this time I'm meeting my Mum in LHR and we're flying off together (same PNR). So the other alternative is that I can clear immigration and exit T3, my Dad will pick me up, then drive us both to T5 and we can go through the First security wing there.

The questions I have are:
- which option will be the quickest?
- which option holds the least 'risk' in terms of conformance if my incoming flight gets delayed?
- and lastly (although I know it's not a 'transfer' question specifically) what happens if my incoming flight is delayed a significant amount? As they're on separate PNRs with separate carriers, I understand I'll have no 'protection' - will I have to buy a new ticket for the next flight at whatever the walk up fare is? Should I instruct my Mum to go on ahead and I'll meet her in ARN on the next flight? Will it affect her ticket on the same PNR? (It's a one way ticket because I'm starting a MR in ARN, so she has a one way back later)?

Any info or data points are greatly welcomed! Thanks!