FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BofA's anti-churning policies: 2/3/4 (BofA cards), 3/12 or 7/12 (all banks)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:40 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KIcarus
I currently have an Amtrak card that I use often. Unfortunately, they only gave me a $5k limit on the card, so it's not a lot of room to work with. I've had the card for almost two years, thinking I would get an auto-upgraded credit limit, but that did not happen.

If I ask for an upgraded credit limit, that will be a hard pull, correct? I do not want to waste a hard pull unless I'm opening up a new card.

If I open an Alaska card at the same time I request a credit increase on Amtrak, I will only be "spending" 1 of my hard pulls, correct, not 2? I don't require any Alaska miles at this time, but if I have to spend a hard pull for the Amtrak credit line increase, I would prefer to pick some up Alaska miles, too.

How would the forum approach this? In the long run, I will be spending on the Amtrak card, but past the minimum spend, I probably would not be spending on the Alaska card. I have too many airline miles as it is right now anyway.

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks!
You misunderstand 2/3/4. BofA's 2/3/4 is about how many cards you can open, not how many pulls.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 12, 2017 at 8:33 pm Reason: circular link removed after threads merged