FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:49 am
whooperatw

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ruckzac
I requested GUCs to be waitlisted for both the outbound and return of my trip. On the outbound, I see on the original segment "Upgrade Status:Upgrade Waitlisted," with no duplicate segment for the waitlist request. On the return, however, I see a duplicate segment that says "DELTA ONEŽ (OY)" and "UPGRADE WAITLISTED".

This latter behavior is what I'm used to, and so I called in to make sure that the upgrade request for the outbound is listed correctly. The agent told me that both requests were listed correctly. Is this discrepancy in how the upgrade requests show normal?
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a standard. I had an outbound which showed "Upgrade Requested" and a second seatmap only when showing the seats. Then that second seat map disappeared but I had not cleared and every agent says it is properly waitlisted.

You may have cleared on the second since it shows you in OY on the second map, just not processed by Delta yet. When you called the agent said you were still waitlisted? Might be worth a second call.