FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:07 am
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by pucknyc
I was able to get a confirmation letter for the delay from Malaysia Airlines. Now CSR wants a settlement response from them that either outlines or denies my claim for compensation. I never filed a claim with MAS because I was told they don't provide compensation. Like you, I uploaded the pdf from the MAS website which outlines their baggage policy, where they say that they only provide compensation at the airport at the time of delay. But the examiner won't accept this reason. They want a settlement letter. Did you speak with the examiner when you explained the policy? Or do different examiners require different documentation?

Thanks.
I imagine its a Hang Up Call Again situation.

What worked for me was that I was arriving at my home airport, and Malaysaia's compensation policy clearly states that no compensation is due in case you are coming home.

It is true that Malaysia holds back any information on compensation at first contact. Even when you ask they will tell you they have no policy. Then you arrive here and are directed by wiser members of this website to the correct information.