FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:44 am
wonderman

2 personal B2B's to report.

1. MAN-AGP Sep 2017 I did a B2B at Malaga (AGP) on a BA flight from Manchester. As it was non schengen it required clearing border control then passing back through it. It was busy and my arriving flight was delayed but I politely requested to push in to the front of both passport queues (Be sure to turn hard left up the stairs after clearing border control inwards which is the connections route).
I had 10 mins to spare.

2. HEL-LHR Nov 2017, I'm currently in Helsinki having done a B2B at LHR T3 aboard a BA coded but finnair A350 flight. Arrived at 9.10am and departed at 10.20am. In reality I disembarked into T3 at exactly 9.10am, went via the transfers route and had cleared secutiry by 9.21 and was sat in the Cathay Lounge by 9.23. This is easily acheivable at T3, perhaps aided by the A350 turnaround time but I'd be confident even on a A320 or 787.
Not true of T5 due to compliance requiring a boarding card scan at least 30 mins prior to flight departure.