FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:49 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by UAuhoh
I quit this hotel because of the lounge which, on 3 of 4 visits, was more like a children's daycare center. Complaints to the supervisor were met with suggestions that we visit another venue (eg, the lobby bar).
I was pretty impressed with the lounge on my prior stay a coupe months ago, but on my current stay, it's ridiculous. I went up around 6pm -- no seats available and all the food (3 hot items and 2 salads, some tuna dish and some smoked salmon) gone. I left and walked around the nearby malls for an hour, and when I returned at 7pm, there was still no seating and no food. Someone left and I was able to catch a table, but the food situation remained dire -- a pasta dish was eventually brought out, but the other hot items (beef skewers and salmon, according to the signs) never came back, and neither did the smoked salmon and tuna dish. Bread was gone by 7.15pm, I had to request and wait five minutes for clean forks, desserts ran low, and at some point, 8 people were waiting in line at the dan dan noodle station (the only hot food available). I foolishly assumed that more stuff would be brought out, and during one of my trips to the (empty) buffet area, an eager staff cleared my table. It was astoundingly bad!

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Perhaps the ceiling height differs depending on room type. It was definitely noticeable to point the point that the room felt cramped (even though it wasn't necessarily that small).
I think I've figured this out. I'm 6'5", and while the ceiling height in the Grand Suite I had last time wasn't great, it didn't feel cramped. This time, I'm in a Premier Room (not quite sure about the name). It has a very weird layout with strange angles and a big pillar in the middle of the room, and (most noteworthy) much smaller windows than regular rooms. Although the room is fairly large, it feels really small and the ceilings are awfully low.