FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:20 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Per jlemon: 8. In late 1988, the Salt Lake City to Minneapolis route has traditionally been operated by Western/Delta. In mid-1988 however, there were four airlines offering nonstop service on this route. Identify each of the four airlines involved. And – just to make it interesting – the only correct answer accepted will be the one that correctly identifies ALL four of the airlines, i.e. it's like a combination lock so three out of four will be considered incorrect. Go get ‘em, guys!

Well, let's see here.....I think Delta and Northwest are the obvious and logical first and second choice what with their respective hubs in SLC and MSP at the time.

The other two air carriers are a bit more problematic. But what the heck, let's go for Pan Am and TWA.

We have acknowledged already that DL & NW are correct. Keeping it interesting here in the style of the original question, I'll say that you've correctly listed one of the two other airlines. Pick the correct one plus add one more and Bob's your uncle!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Nov 11, 2017 at 11:42 am