FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 332 Zodiac Cirrus vs. AA 788 Zodiac Concept D business class
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:28 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
The 788 is very nice. The seats are good, aside from the rocking issue (which is not present in all seats).

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just did PEK-ORD on a 788, and found the seats cramped, no place for storage, and the rocking seats was horrible. AA really needs to do something about those seats.
There's some variability on the rocking issue. Some seats do not rock at all, while other rock horrendously. It all depends on the specific seat and the specific aircraft. I got a broken seat on a 788 a couple months ago that had a severe problem with rocking. Luckily it was a daytime flight, so I wasn't trying to sleep anyway.

I brought the issue to AA's attention and they gave me 15,000 miles as compensation, which was definitely appreciated.

On the return flight, I was in a different seat (different tail number too) that supposedly should have had the rocking issue, but it was rock solid. Did not feel my neighbor move whatsoever.