FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voltage conversion assistance - 220v to 110v?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:24 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
It's hard to tell from the pictures how hard it would be to replace the bulb socket with a North American screw-type socket. As an alternative, I found this website that sells 110v European base bulbs. (There may be more websites because I searched for all of 30 seconds.) Then, all you have to do is to change the plug (or even use a travel adapter) and you're good to go.

If there is a specialty lighting company or electrical supply place near where you live, you could go there with the European bulbs and see if they could match them in 110v versions.
Interesting idea! I couldn't find any via the link you provided however I found this: https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/gl...-es-e27-pearl/

It has an interesting purpose but may suffice for my needs. Thanks for the idea!

So it sounds like I am not able to just use a travel adapter with the bulbs I have now. But if I can find a bulb that fits my Italian lamp at 110v, then I can use the travel adapter without worry of ruining the lamp? Would this ruin the dimmer control (which states it too is for 220-240v)?