FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios booking with INV connection added after- query
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 am
chris1922Mk2

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by Fluzz
Hello all. Before BA gets back to me I'd like to get opinions here.

I wanted to book a flight INV-LGW LHR-MCO using my 241. At the time I logged on to do so the phone lines were not accepting calls as they were too busy. In order to not lose the long haul reward seats I booked them on their own.

On calling at a later date to add on the domestic connection I expected the taxes to recalulate to reflect the lack of APD when flying from INV, resulting in a refund by my calculations of approx £276. However the agent calculated them at an extra £17 each instead. When I explained the situation it was a, "tough, this is what I've calculated them at, I don't know what to tell you" type scenario. Wondering if I'd made an error somewhere, I booked a domestic from ABZ instead which is slightly more convenient, but we were willing to have a short extra drive in order to save £276in APD! The ABZ flights came out at an extra £12 in tax each.

My question is- am I in the wrong here? It doesn't seem fair that if I had been able to book online I could have had my Inverness flight and paid the lower tax, or am I misunderstanding something somewhere?

Thanks in advance for thoughts!
Do you mean INV-LHR LGW-MCO ?

The best thing to do is HUACA, hang up and call again. I'm sure someone else will be long shortly with better and more information though.

For what it's worth I'd agree with your assumption.