FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:22 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by petez
Week 11 (Day 8 after service) - BA indicate will defend in full

Week 14 (Day 27 after service) - BA file defence formally stating delay was due to IT issues but these were extraordinary, therefore not entitled to EU 261 but given the circumstances will pay full EU261 compensation without any admission of liability !!!!!!!
Many thanks for this information, I think it does give people a clear expectation as to what to expect. I recent update from someone going the CEDR route (in terms of timing) would also be useful, but I suspect actually MCOL may currently be the faster route at the moment. I think you were perhaps a bit kind to BA in the first few weeks, I think it is reasonable to wait (say) 3 weeks to get BA's response, but thereafter you may as well give them 16 days to settle in full.