FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:01 am
Remcod

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Mileage Bargains

I was hoping somebody here could advise me how to get the attention of the M&M management?
I've tried calling the support desk, but unfortunately they are not really helping me...

I am struggling using my earned miles, was hoping to use them for the millage bargains, but it seemed to be impossible.
I've send an email to Miles & More, I am now awaiting some reaction, but I am not very hopeful.
Anybody here some advise how I can really benefit from my earned miles?

I might be at fault for not really understanding the program, but I hope somebody can just explain me, why it is so difficult to benefit from the M&M promotions.

Below the email I've send to M&M, explaining my frustrations:

Dear,

I am writing you regarding the monthly 'milage Bargains', I am writing at a time I got frustrated because of very poor experiences with the loyalty program.
During many years I have been earning miles by saving them on flights and American Express spendings. The plan was to use them at the moment I had enough miles to treat my little family for a long haul business class flight.
The monthly 'Milage Bargains' seemed like the perfect way to use them, but the opposite seems to be true.

This month, I've put my alarm at the 2nd of November to explore the new promotions, I was super excited to notice 3 great deals on the website: Singapore, Mexico City and San Diego!
Wow 3 top destinations to start our 'Springbreak Holidays'.
The excitement soon turned into great disappointment, none of the flights had availability for more than 1 person at the 50% discounted rate, even though you can still book other seats in business-class but only at the full '100% rate'.
There are seats available, but you refuse to offer them as a promotion, even with the travel and booking period as shown in the conditions of this promotion...
I am elite member of other frequent flyer programs and none of them make it this hard as 'Miles & More' to redeem miles for business class flights. On top of all that 'Miles and More' charges more than € 500 for fuel surtaxes etc... whereas the average program charges less than € 100.

It is also not possible to see on which days there are seats available at the promotion, you need to go through the entire booking each time. To end up with a disappointment every time.
It's hard to understand why Miles & More find it so difficult to reward their loyal customer, even with miles we saved for during years and years. My miles almost don't seem to have lots of value at Star Alliance...
I hope somebody from the Miles & More team can stand up and improve the award program and improve the entire customer experience.
I don't feel comfortable continuing my loyalty and membership while I feel cheated each time I try to use my miles.

Feel free to reach out to me and to discuss this issue.
If somebody can advise which days you have any availability from Brussels for any of the 3 destinations between 30/3 and 15/4, it would be very much appreciated. (2 adults and 2 childs)

Looking forward for a reply.

Best regards,

Remco

So am I being just a difficult or ignorant customer, or is anybody else here having the same issues?