FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:41 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I would call back. None of what you describe is normal. It sounds like the agent has made a cluster**** of your reservation. I would bet you'll have trouble checking in, and may lose the upgrade.

Are you sure you're not flying BOS/ AMS and then to LHR?
Ok this is getting to be really strange and I think I will call Delta later to make sure everything is fine.

The original receipt is showing KLM flights 6474 from DTW/BOS and KLM 6186 from BOS/LHR and when the agent booked me for some reason he assigned seats on the return (which are Delta flights) but not the two outbound flights. I was able to select the seats fine with Delta (can't remember if I did it on the APP or Delta.dumb) and it was showing the KLM flight numbers at that time.

Yesterday Delta called me to tell me the agent never collected the Luxury tax from Heathrow which I have had happen several times when using GUC's and I just looked at the email receipt they sent me and it is referencing DL 1145 and 58 on the receipt for the luxury tax and I pulled up the reservation on Delta and it's showing those two flights instead of the KLM flights and showing RY as the fare type on the BOS flight and OY as the fare type on the LHR flight but on the original it was showing two different fare types on the outbound (I'm assuming it was the fare codes KLM uses for upgrades.

I hope the agent didn't f-up the reservation.