FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)
Old Jun 9, 2004, 3:45 pm
ohcanada

Programs: AC *E
Arrow Beijing: St Regis or Sheraton Great Wall (Master Thread)

My wife and I are going to Beijing for a few days in September and are trying to decide between the St Regis and the Sheraton Great Wall. I have read the very favourable comments about the St Regis in other threads, but there is a considerable difference in price for the least expensive room ($130 at Sheraton vs $225 for St Regis), and we could also get the Sheraton on points (or cash and points if it is on the new list when it comes out).

Since we are not going to be in Beijing for very long and want to see the city, I doubt we will spend much time in the hotel. We would like to rely on the concierge or hotel staff to assist with directions and so on, and so the quality of those services is of course relevant.

Can anyone provide comments on the differences in the amenities and location of the 2 hotels that would justify spending the extra $$$ for the St Regis? Thanks.