FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:24 am
PO48RA

Programs: BAEC
BA and AA Fares ex CAI

Hi - I am posting this here as I guess the following are most likely to be of interest to tier point hunters;

BA and AA have updated their ex-CAI to Americas fares recently. The following book into I class and are BASE fares, you need to add taxes and surcharges.

For BA these are around £450, for the Toronto AA fare it is less (around £400) but the AA fares to destinations outside the USA seem to attract a nasty fuel surcharge of £600.

Most require a 2 night stay but allow flexible routings. The AA Toronto fare comes in at around £980 all in and allows creative routings to bump up tier points, however you do need to remember to add a 2 night stay in Toronto (this works to Montreal as well I think.) Some examples;

JFK £729 - BA
MIA £815 - BA
HNL £1077 - BA
DEN £819 - BA
YYZ £564 (AA) /£ 732 (BA)
LAX £1077 - BA
YVR £1077 (both AA and BA)
RIO £676 - AA
PUJ £868 - AA
PTY £702 - AA

I think one of the biggest challenges will be finding I class availability on the LHR - CAI - LHR legs. Best chance may well be after daylight saving in March when the aircraft goes from A320 to B787

LHR - CAI - LHR in PE can be bought for around £600 with good reward upgrade availability, PE only available from the end of March.