FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-LIM: LATAM 787 redeye vs AA767 via MIA?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:20 pm
featheast

Programs: SQ Gold, QF Silver, VA Platinum, CZ Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
That indeed is a risk. I will go and check if this flight get cancelled often.
Why JFK? Simply because that's where my wife want to go first, haha, swmbo. I do like LAX, but have been to west coast too many times, not east coast, hence the choice.
Originally Posted by MfromL
the only con i would add to JFK is that if you have a cancelation, that is it. you will stay one day in NYC because there is only one flight from JFK to LIM and not that many LA planes on the ground –last time i checked, it served 4 routes to SA: GRU, GYE, SCL and LIM–.

MIA, although it is a piece of crap of an airport, has 4 daily AA and LA flights to LIM. If you have a cancelation there are higher chances of getting re-routed the same day in another flight with AA or LA, and since you are flying with AA and that is one of their hubs, its easier to get a replacement plane if necessary.

sidenote: why JFK? do you want to stop there to visit? there is also the LAX option, if price is not an issue and you don't mind the good mexican food of the historical center.