FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alex Cruz at WTM2017
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:43 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I actually think he comes across quite well - thankfully sans hi-viz.
You would never be accused of belonging to the same fan boy group as perhaps some of us, so it's interesting that this is your perspective.

The stand out elements for me were (a) recognising the role of the BA staff, not sure he would have said that when he was running Vueling (b) demonstrating flexibility and pragmatism - implying that mistakes need correction. Overall it was quite thoughtful I felt.

There was one thing he said which I too had noticed: since the arrival of the self tagging machines, normally when you walk through any door into T5, whether by HEX, tube or taxi, there is now a BA staff member right by the door, to point the worried once-a-year traveller towards the right direction. I'm sure this was part of a self-rebuttal about destructive cost cutting - cutting costs when done correctly can also improve the service where it matters.