FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:22 am
pokee

Originally Posted by BenSenise
"You can collect double Avios on any purchases you make with your RBC British Airways Visa Infinite card this November. That's 2 Avios for every $1 CAD spent on qualifying net purchases and 4 Avios for every $1 CAD when you shop with British Airways and British Airways Holidays."

I had a terrible problem with this same deal last year. The advertising clearly stated that the double Avios were on purchases made with your card between Nov 1 and Nov 31. But that wasn't true. My statement period ends on the 21st of every month. I had a lot of purchases to make for a new house so i made sure to wait for November to make them. I didn't get the bonus avios on my november statement but i did on my december statement. problem was that i only used the card for the last week of november because i prefer to use my normal RBC Avion card and transfer to BA when there's a bonus. much more lucrative.

i finally did get the avios. in fact, i got quite a few more than they should have given me because the people who work for these programs have the IQ of mayonnaise.

This year they have explained the terms better which is what i told them to do last year. "Offer is valid on qualifying net purchases posted to your December 2017 statement of your RBC British Airways Visa Infinite card provided your account is in good standing. Offer begins at your statement start date in November (anywhere between November 3 and 27 depending on your billing cycle) and runs for a 30 day period thereafter ("Qualifying Period")." much clearer this time.
Better just to have the RBC Avion and convert to Avios, and get the transfer bonus when they come up (when IS the next one coming, BTW?!).

For this deal with the BA Visa, these new terms are still wordy and confusing...