FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:59 am
jan0809

Hi Guys!

I've read the whole thread, so I don't miss something that may addressed my question already, but it seems that cases similar to mine were not yet discussed. Here it is:

- I am Platinum with expiry date on my card at 03/18
- this year I got some flights but not enough to take them into the picture here, so this is irrelevant
- I received my email from FB this morning - I assume they are "personalised" at least to be directed to specific status holders. Mine, under "Experience and Explore" reads: "To keep your Platinum level, you'll need to gain 300 XP between 1 January and 31 December 2018. (...).

This gets me superconfused, as - if I was to read it literally - it means that in such specific case, the Platinum status will be extended from March 31 expiry until the end of year.

Another scenario that would be logical but contradicts the email above, is that: I collect Segments/Level Miles till end of March, get downgraded to Gold, get my Segments/Level Miles transferred to XP and have another 9 months of the year to get to 300XP in order to "requalify" for Platinum.

Which one is it? Thanks in advance.