FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:45 am
skyhighlander

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Please go ahead and explain, I'm (genuinely) intrigued to know how a segment runner, starting from Ivory, will be better off with the new system [as opposed to the current scheme]. I'm sure others will also be looking forward to hearing your own version (preferably without the examples of WWII and British Empire, though, as they are not relevant here). G
Well, if a "segment runner" will be starting from Ivory on the 1st of April 2018 I think this will mean that the current system did not really work for him either, and obviously neither will the new one. And for someone who may potentially consider joining FB? Of course, it will be much more difficult to achieve status. But are you a loser if you're not paying yet? This will affect them the same way as let's say AA changes affected me, in no way. If they won't like the rules, they won't join in.

As someone already said, for people holding status this will not be that different, and, in many cases, better. Considering that just last Saturday I was disagreeing with someone who was saying that it would make sense for AFKLM to remove segments completely and to give status only to high spenders traveling on open, full fare tickets, sorry, but call it what you want, I'm calling it a win!

I'm in the good mood, I don't want to get dragged into yet another discussion this time with someone representing the opposite extreme, and I'm way over what I consider healthy Internet time, so I'm going to withdraw, just as the British have from Palestine and let you on keep discussing things.

Many happy returns and lots of experience to everyone!