FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The future of the LAX hub?
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:11 am
NickP 1K

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by schley
I'd like to see Ontario expand as that is a nice alternative domestically as well. You are not fighting traffic if you fly into and out of Ontario. You can get to Orange County and into downtown LA easier than from LAX depending on hours. Put in some Ontario - Hub traffic (ORD/IAH/SFO/DEN, which exists now) and then increase the LAX international traffic by going to Central/South America and Asia/Australia more frequently. You would have to increase frequency to IAD/ORD and ensure PS schedules feed LAX from EWR and even BOS which is in SFO now.
I'm closer to SNA but use ONT a lot for early AM flights (e.g. day trip to bay area) - where out of SNA I arrive too late for meeting starts due to curfew. Never takes me more than 45 min to/from ONT (using the Toll Roads). Suffice to say I now have a new threshold for LAX. If it means flying out of SNA and connecting somewhere, I'd rather fly to LAX and deal with the 1hr 50 min traffic. Still faster than a connection into SNA that requires sometimes an hour longer flight time and 2 hours to make a safe connection. Intl out of LAX is a no brainer, but now I'm doing it for flights like AUS, RDU and even SLC (I'm AA so won't fly DL). LA traffic if you know it is less unpredictable than connecting through another hub.