FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When did DL premium cabin food get so terribly bad?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:33 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
OP: I echo your concerns in the following areas:

*Delta needs to WARM up the bread served in premium cabins. Even good FAs only heat breakfast bagels up. Please, really heat up all rolls and bread items!

*Portion sizes for entrees have gotten ridiculously small. I would be surprised if D1 protein portion isn't 2 ounces after its cooked then reheated on the plane. Wayyy too small. Same with First meals - cutback on sides like soup and real salads, addition of cheap stuff like a lot of coleslaw trying to sub for salad.

*They need plated desserts in premium cabins..nothing in plastic

*I've never even had warm cookie service (on 1 flight where I heard D1 had it, I slept through it supposedly). This would be nice on a more regular basis

--> I had a "cuban sandwich" in domestic first recently. It was turken and ham with pickles and mustard on a french roll. It wasn't a cuban, but it was a tasty sandwich. The bread was certainly nicer than the wonder bread we have seen pics of recently...but still incorrect for a "cuban sandwich"