FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:08 am
OKI

Hi everyone, I am (yet another) new to this site and I'll be thankful for any advice you can give.

I am from Israel, flying to east Asia every 2-3 month (about 50K miles a year).
Usually, I am taking the SkyTeam’s Aeroflot, but sometimes I need fly OneWorld’s Cathay pacific.

Flying Aeroflot, I received my Elite status very quick (2 trips).
I’ve just did some checking, and noticed obtaining an equivalent OneWorld status will take me forever (10 trips) – as collecting Cathay’s miles and points is really slow for economy seats. In addition, Cathay charges 100$ fees.

Am I missing something?
Does anyone have an idea for a better course of action? Maybe crediting the mileage to a different FFP?

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Priority Check In & boarding. Redemptions would also be nice.

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?

about 50K, about 30 flights.

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?

Cheapest cabin

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Traveling for work. Limited flexibility (as long as the prices are about the same).

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
Crossing Asia from Israel (Tel-Aviv) to Vietnam/Philippines.

(6) What is your home airport?
TLV (Tel-Aviv, Israel).

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
Silver status at Aeroflot (SkyTeam Elite)

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
Cathay pacific.

Thank you very much,
I'll appreciate any help you can offer.