FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When did DL premium cabin food get so terribly bad?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:56 am
DataPlumber

Originally Posted by fly747first
Some recent examples:

JFK-ATL
Choice of cold meat plate or chicken salad
The cold plate consisted of literally one piece of cheese and two pieces of roast beef along a roll that was very cold while my partner's salad just had a few pieces of chicken. Pretty mediocre packaged cookie for dessert.

SFO-JFK
Bread served cold, chicken entree was very small and had an odd taste, no choice of sundae (i.e., they just handed some low quality ice cream that already had nuts and chocolate sauce mixed in), and the warm pre-arrival cookie was burned.

ATL-HNL
Chicken entree was ok but clearly of low quality whilst my partner's pasta smelled and looked like vomit. The pre-arrival meal was the most disgusting thing I have eaten on a plane... it was advertised as a cuban sandwich and wasn't even served on cuban bread, a truly unappetizing experience.

To me, it is ridiculous that Delta spent so much money buying new china and glassware whilst the quality of the food has gone downhill. And seriously, packaged cookies shouldn't be served as dessert in First Class. Please share your experiences.
The food has sucked for years of course it doesn't stop people from shoveling it in.