FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ageing fleet
Thread: Ageing fleet
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:48 am
numbiceman

Programs: emirates british airways priority pass
Originally Posted by Firipu
I think the key reason why you are seeing the difference in aircraft is due to competition. On LON-YYZ, BA have to compete with other non stop carriers such as Air Canada, Air Transat and Westjet so they are more likely to offer the latest and newest aircraft. Whereas for LON-BLR, I believe they have a monopoly on non-stop flights and could probably afford to offer a sub-par product without impacting on margin/demand.

Unfortunately, by paying money to upgrade to WT+ (and your reason is very valid), BA are effectively being rewarded with extra cash for offering a poor product in Y.

In terms of WT+, you do get a wider and more comfortable seat, with more leg room and better food, with the first main course from the Club World menu.

May I ask why you chose to book with BA rather than other one-stop options such as Air France, Emirates, Etihad, Lufthansa or Jet Airways?
Another thing i noticed is WT no kits are provided to pax. not expecting a bounty but was hoping for a sleeping mask at the least.

BA - had flown on BA on this sector a while ago. the BLR - LHR seemed to be a newer 777 and that a/c did have a better IFE and USB in WT. Also wanted to fly on the 787

EK - I felt the YYZ-DXB leg was too long esp on the return was too exhausting.

LH- next time gonna try this.

9W / Jet - some time as they recently started the AMS-BLR non stop. else YYZ-BLR was a 2 stop journey.

EY - I didnt like the EY service between AUH-BLR. Have done a couple of BLR-AUH-LHR and the AUH-BLR bad service and grumpy staff.

AF - never flown AF. Hows AF service and do they charge for check in bags or is it just for certain sectors / basic economy?