FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:04 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by michel1965
Hello Everyone,
First I would like to thank all of you for the tremendous work since yesterday in trying to clarify the new FlyingBlue rules.
I read the whole thread but one point is still unclear to me (maybe I missed it) : what is the the number of XP gained in Domestic (France) and European flights based on the booking class, as "Premium Economy" does not formally exist anymore.

For domestic flights (in France)
Is S Class considered ad Premium Eco, thus giving per segment : 4 XP ( + 2 XP if abonné) ?

For intra-European flights :
What booking class is considered as Premium Economy ?
In the last months, I travelled in Y, B, U, K and H class.

Thank you for your help.
there are still some unclear things. Indeed, for French domestic flights, they are Y only. But you can be sometimes booked under a business fare on a CDG-domestic sector when it is in connection with a long-haul in J. Same for medium haul which are Y and J only but can be booked under a premium Eco fare when in connection to a long-haul flight in PE.
At that stage, you should assume the worst case scenario, i.e. only Eco XP on domestic flights (2 XPs per leg, x2 if abonné) and only Eco on medium haul booked in PE fare (5 XPs per leg).
In case they grant PE XPs on medium haul, it will be 10 XPs/leg.

and to answer your question “What booking class is considered as Premium Economy ?” : it’s W.