FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full hot meals back on TPE flights
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:44 am
SLGO

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
A lot of the problem stems from the lack of manpower. On ultra short haul flights like MNL and TPE It's not as noticeable in J except when the flight is extremely full. Im guessing it gets worse in economy.

Like 33E only have 10, take out the ISM you're left with 9. 4 are doing Business, so that leaves 5 doing the rest of the passengers in economy which is at 223. if an FP is left in the rear galley to heat the up the meals, you have 2 crew doing each side from the start of economy all the way to D4.

How would you do tray distribution and collection in less than 1hr. The shortest TPE flight I had was 1hr13mins, even in F, there was barely time to finish the meal service
Staffing has always been a problem with CX. Otherwise the dine on demand might have worked out already.

Switching ng back to TPE flights, I guess the time needed to distribute Y meals with or without the side dishes are similar, as they are all placed and served on trays. Therefore it seems alright to serve the hot meal with fruits and bread. I agree though the drink service is not possible in such short flight.