FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:48 pm
reverted

Originally Posted by pinniped
My plan is to book CX J/F using AS miles for a trip in late '18 or early '19. Today was the first time I briefly went searching for availability, with SFO-HKG my likely long segment.

Am I correct in the general observation that finding 2 J on this route is somewhat easy, but finding 2 F on this route is crazy-hard? I did an Award Nexus search across a couple of random weeks in fall 2018 and found pairs of J seats on *most* flights, but didn't find any F at all. (QF was my source.)

When I do end up booking, I'll have 8-9 months advance notice. I won't complain about J, but dang it'd be nice to get F.

Does playing the T-330 game increase the chance of F? Conversely, is there any reason to think that all of that plentiful-looking J availability isn't actually there for AS redemptions?
Currently as it stands, there is only F on CX873 SFO-HKG. At T-330 there is 1 x F seat released for awards. Everything else will be held until much closer in to departure.

Because there is only one flight with F, it will be difficult to find/get the seat I assume. Compared to flying out of LAX which has multiple flights a day with an F cabin.