FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Launches Free Doha City Tour For Transit Passengers
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:50 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by G-ARVE
Thanks to all. Have booked a night at the Souq Waqif courtesy of +Qatar and so far (+48 hours) there's been no email telling me it's no go because of not meeting the 12 hour restriction. So it all looks good atm.

One more question, -is it quicker to go straight through immigration on arrival, ie not as a transit passenger? There is an argument for parking my carry-on in the lounge and then escaping via the 'backwards' route, as others have done, but it does seem a little convoluted and don't wish to spend anymore time in the terminal than is necessary.
Sorry, perhaps I'm being dense, but why wouldn't you simoly take your carry-on with you for an overnight stay? I'm guessing you'll be taking a taxi to your hotel rarther than using public transport (which is an option for anyone geeky about these things).

I can't see any point in milking the lounge experience when you've got a whole country waiting for you outside the airport

And on taxis, Uber works well from the airport.