FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC - New policy for paid First?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:22 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

The first two agents in the club were wrong. But do you really expect them to know the ins & outs of SDC? They don't likely know them.
Yes, I would expect club employees to know basic SDC procedures. It is written in plain English on their own damn website. DELTA IF YOU ARE READING: just more evidence of ATL employees slipping and providing sub-par service. Please get some training or secret shoppers or something into that hub ASAP - there are just too many incidents were poors service from ACS agents there! I would even happily be a volunteer secret shopper whenever I fly through ATL for you all to make this better.

OP - I would have shown the club employees their own rule on their own website to correct them on the spot. I would have then asked them to please reissue the ticket (manually if they had to) right then and there.

"Here is your own website stating that what you both just stated is actually the opposite of the policy. The flight I want leaves in under an hour and I am a DM who values my time, so please have yourself or a supervisor (or have them call the gate) please reissue this ticket now so I can be on my way. Thank you."

It does become difficult when calling around when the GA takes control, as every minute becomes precious until they clear upgrades, and its too risky to chance agent roulette on the phone if an airport agent with a terminal is right in front of you.