FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:06 am
CyBeR

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you can get them issued in F, then they are First. But I don't believe that DL issues "Domestic First" in those fare categories. (Any Domestic "First" I have ever flown on DL has been in I or Z, and therefore "Business" for FB purposes)
But DL does not have international First, so that makes no sense.

That said, connecting itineraries in Business do tend to book into I or Z.

Originally Posted by shotb83
I'm FB Gold currently and surprisingly I have run my YTD flights through excel using the flight calculator and bearing in mind I am still a couple of segments away from re-qualification for next year, I would comfortably have re-qualified for Gold again already with 255 XP points unless you need the 100 for Silver + 180 for Gold?.

I never envisaged this new program to be in my favour but I have flown a few Business Class flights in Europe this year so they quickly add up. If that is the case it benefits me more than the qualifying flights did in that instance.
I have done the same and while my leisurely flying habits (paid out of pocket) will manage to get silver this year only because of a quick segment run with the last segment on dec 30, over 2017 I would've qualified comfortably plus a substantial rollover already in june.

The new earning scheme really rewards occasional premium cabin travel a lot more than the old scheme did if qualifying on segments. In the current scheme I got three segments for a business class trip (AMS-NRT, CTS-ICN-AMS) while under then new scheme that gives 87XP.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It makes it also easier to earn on segments if you occasionally score a premium cabin - one European business class is worth 3 eco segments - and if you fly longhaul - 2 segments per 1 before, and for mid tier business class, used to be 150% miles, which would take you about 6-7% on the way from Gold to Plat on a 4000 mile flight, now it is 30XP and 10% of the way.

Yes, that.